Friday, August 14, 2009

Hawiian Kuai-Reserve Roast Attempt #1

I just finished roasting 100 grams of Hawaiian Kauai-Reserve from Burman Coffee Trader’s. I roasted in two separate batches since my Sonofresco is still out of service.
I should probably take this opportunity to update everyone on the Sonofresco refurbishing project. Everything was going swimmingly until I ran into a few seized hex bolts. They have been stripping all my Allen wrenches. Hopefully I can get to the hardware store soon and resolve the problem. So in the mean time I was relegated to my popcorn popper.
Okay back to the Kauai-Reserve. I was unable to get the beans to reach second crack and called it off at about thirteen minutes. This roaster usually brings coffee beans to a French roast in less than ten minutes. The Hawaiian Kauai-Reserve coffee beans were just past a cinnamon when I stopped the roast. They must be an incredibly dense bean. I think these green beans would have done better on the stove top in my whirly pop. Oh, well I will let them set and see how the taste. I suspect they will be better since I let them roast so long without progression.
Kind of bummed about it since I was looking forward to trying this origin, I will try again tomorrow on the stove top. Sorry no pictures either, down to my camera phone right now and could not get pictures to upload.
To Read the review of this coffee roast click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment